Wondering if Kokoda Historical Treks are right for you?
Well here are a few things you should consider when shopping around. Kokoda Historical specialises in the historical aspect of trekking the Kokoda Track.
- We have been issued a Kokoda Track Operators License that allows us to operate on the Kokoda Track
- Our Historians live and breath the story of Kokoda, we don't operate tours to other places in the world only Kokoda and PNG.
- The local guides that we use are all from the one family and all come from Kokoda and the villages along the track. They know the people and speak the language.
- All of our Australian Tour guides are either current serving members or ex-members of the Australian Army Reserve and have vast experience not only of trekking but also of military history. We believe this not only gives us the practical experience in bush craft but also gives us an insight into what soldiers do.
- Kokoda Historical takes a personal interest in all of our trekkers and because we keep our groups small we are able to attend to individuals needs. Our group size is limited to a maximum of 12 trekkers.
- We have the support of many people within the veteran community and we are proud that Kokoda veterans take an interest in our trips.
- We offer a live tracking service of your tour online so that family and friends can follow the group.
- We have been approved for the Australian Defence Force tours and have conducted Army group tours.
- We also spend a lot of time alongside the veterans taking school groups around the Kokoda Track Memorial Walkway and keeping the story of the Kokoda Track alive!
- Market research shows that our treks are the best value for money and are affordable for all Australians.
- We are fully insured with $10 million public liability insurance. Our Duty of Care principles and regard for Client Safety are paramount. Subsequently we have never had need to use it.
- We practice responsible tourism, showing respect for the environment and respect for the cultural diversity of the Papuans.
- We are committed to sharing the true history of the New Guinea campaigns.